Friday, May 16, 2014

(it’s all) about choosing and choices

One of my good friends, asked me question, few days back.. He live in Japan, work for automotive industry for about 7 years plus plus.

“Have you ever felt so tired with things that you do in your daily life? Feel that your life is kinda bored, you not really into your job, that its not belong to you? That every time you involve on it at the end you just found yourself so tired and feels empty. Have you ever felt that once in your life time?”

Later, he told me that he’s suffering due to that condition. It seems like his job took his time that much; he no longer has enough time for his family. Yet, he also found that every time he woke up in the morning, he always felt sick but it was gone once he done with his office hours, which I exactly knows that condition as one of psychosomatic symptoms.

Unfortunately, things went worst for him since his boss is always around. Whenever he is, his boss is always call him, give him this and that things to do. And yeah, he starts thinking that his life is totally suck!

It surprised me!

I remembered how proud he was once he got that opportunity. How sure he was once he decided to flew away, a hundred miles, move from Indonesia to Japan which he sure it will make his life better than ever!

Then, where has all those pleasure and pride gone?

It made me come to think about the purpose of work, why people choose to do such of job if at the end it just make them stressful, their life become so suck, yet they suffering on fatigue almost every day? Isn’t working should be fun? We doing something that we love and love what we do?

Once I told him about it, he responds it quickly,

“It is not that simply as you thought! I know that you kind of person who never stays in one job over than a year, okay, one and half years is your record so far. You might feel that it’s challenge you and so, but for me, resign from this job and look for another one is kinda a big leap which I am not sure that I can make it. If, I can make it at the end, I need at least more than 3 months to find the new one which appropriate for me,”

Hmmm… what can I say then? He starts make his boundaries even he’s not start it yet, what a shame… :)

Another case came from my very best friend, it’s not about working things but it’s about things that I’m sure will be his turning point, at that time.

It happened 2 years ago, when he asked me out to hang around for a whole day. It bit surprised me at that time, since it’s pretty hard for us to meet up since we both busy on our things. I was curious but since he didn’t say anything which indicated that he’s on trouble or so, then I started thinking that he was okay and just need me—his “partner in crime”—to be around.

Things goes well for a whole day, we enjoyed our time did some stupid things. But then, things changed once we ready to went back home. Instead of drove me home, he brought me to the famous hill in that town. And voila, he start told me that his going on arrange marry. What a surprise!

I knew that he’s not into marriage issue yet. Even he told me previously that he might start thinking about it 2 or 3 years later. His life was totally about his career, none else. But then, things happen quickly and he can’t do anything to change it. His daddy got stroke attack whilst his on business meeting, unfortunately, at that month his mom is prepared to perform hajj. Yet, since he’s the only child in his family, his mom begging him to get marry immediately. She asked him to do it before she went for hajj. What a life!

I asked him why he didn’t tell his mom to postpone it and let him stick on his plan. Unfortunately, he said, his mom is kinda afraid that something might happen to her while she performed hajj. Yet, she convinced him that she will regret it most if she passed away (as she assumed God Almighty might took her life while she performed hajj) and she didn’t saw him marry before it. Sigh!

So, there he goes. Less than a month, he no longer a gorgeous bachelor! His mom found someone to be his bride. I called him in the morning, on his wedding day. I expected that I will hear his happy voice. In fact, I heard the stupid thing ever from him side,

“I’m not sure about this marriage. I have no feeling on her; I am not a hundred percent sure it will work for me. If I have chance to change it, I prefer to do that but unfortunately I haven’t. I love my mom more than anything, so I’ll take it as my sacrificed for her,”

Geez!!

It was my grandpa who told me that everyone has their own free will to decide what is best for themselves.

“It’s right that God Almighty had set our destiny once we born, but still it doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything to change it. Life is about choosing, God Almighty always give us a choices, it depends on us then, which way we will take. Do we will surrender or will we fight for it till the end? He give us opportunity to fight for our self, He even promise us that He will change one situation if only we dare to challenge our self to facing it and fight for it with all we have. I call it as free will. You have it also in yourself, use it as best as you can and let the universe do the rest. At least, when it goes in different side as your expectation, at least you have tried on it. But, remember one thing, there’s always consequences behind each choice, make sure you’ll be responsible on it and take it as a package. And be ready that you might fight against your society. I believe they won’t make it easy for you but I’m sure God Almighty will appreciate it. Keep it in your mind, life is not only about love what you do, above at all it’s about do what you love,”

So, if I were on their situation, I’ll do something to change it, instead of keep mumbling which I know it won’t solve anything. On the first case, I will not waiting till my boss fired me. Instead, I’ll give him my resignation letter. I’ll enjoy my free time, go somewhere for a while at least for a month then start thinking what will I do next for my living. I am sure this month off will bring me on balance life.

While on the second case, I’ll strongly talk to my mom to postponed it, telling her that I will pray for her safe and ask her to keep think positive that God Almighty will taking care of her during her hajj. Yet, I will tell her the truth that I’m not into marriage yet. If, I push myself on it, I am afraid that I might mess it up; I might hurt someone who not deserves it. Above at all, I will convince her that it might hurt me also which I’m sure she won’t see it. I’ll tell her that I’m sure she wants me happy but by doing this arranges marry she might found me as unhappy person for the rest of my life.

I know it won’t be easy but I always believe that everything is possible, as my grandpa told me. All we need just keep our faith that there’s always way out for everything. All we need just do our best and let God Almighty do the rest. Who knows He might give us another surprises which will enrich our life.

So, Happy choosing and fight for your life, pals!

* thanks to my grandpa who always inspiring me with his way and his thought! and thanks to God Almighty for sure, to give me strength so far to be “different”, to let me choose what suitable for me but then–at the end–He just gave me what the best for me. Even somehow it was totally different with what I want but again, my grandpa was right, at least I had try on it so I never regret each step that I took. Yet, I found that it’s now on became my huge leap and enrich my life as well.

PS: Again, you might found this note in another blog site.. I published it in another blog site on April 10, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment